Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop displays EXTREMELY SMALL icons (3rd party programs)

3K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  BIGBEARJEDI 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, okay so before I post my problem - to clear things up.. it's not my desktop icons or resolution that is the issue. What the issue is, is that every time i use a 3rd party program, everything appears about 10x smaller than what it's supposed to be.

Here is an example of my desktop icon sizes, versus an Adobe program:

Gyazo - 6fb5061c564857bb90160660443fb8b8.png

As you can see from the photo, my desktop is perfectly fine, but when I use another program (excluding browsers), everything just becomes extremely small and unreadable. Need help ASAP please!

Kelvin

#10 · (Edited)
Did you install the OS or it was given to you pre-installed? Hand-me-down laptop? Maybe the programs your running aren't compatible with your OS. Right click your program and select <properties> find 'compatibility tab' and run the program in a compatible version(OS) for the program. Also check the shortcut tab in properties and make sure 'Run' is set to normal window.

#19 ·
From what little I can see from the pictures you uploaded, you have a very wide screen .. have you tried reducing the resolution because I have a strange feeling it is to do with the screen analysis that you are using, You could also try amplifying the screen size of the 3rd party apps by holding down the control key and rotating your mouse wheel or holding the "Control" key whilst tapping the "+" key

#27 ·
Yeah the screen resolution that I currently am using (and it's also recommended) is 3200x1800
My apologies, I gave you credit and thought the resolution was the first thing you checked. Please ensure your resolution matches what your monitor and applications can handle. If you want to go ahead and try a more definitive solution please read the Troubleshooting PC Refresh/Reset section in the link I provided above. This is almost like a clean install of Windows but doesn't force the headache of re-installing everything.

#28 ·
Is there some reason why you cannot share with us the Make/Model of your laptop?? That would certainly give us some more information to go on.

**unless I missed it in this post, or if redirected from an original Post on another sub-forum?**
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.