Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Laptop crashed, not booting flashing caps lock

This is a discussion on Laptop crashed, not booting flashing caps lock within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, last nigh I was on my laptop compaq presario cq56, and it froze and crashed the screen and mouse

Old 02-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, last nigh I was on my laptop compaq presario cq56, and it froze and crashed the screen and mouse wouldn't move, I turned it off by the power button then rebooted it, except it didnt boot, the f12 light comes on and the light on the power button, also the caps lock flashes twice waits 4 secs and flashes twice asinine consecutivly, the battery plug turns orange when plugged in, and I hear the fan come on briefly, the screen stays blank an doesn't seem to boot. I have tried taking the battery out and hard resetting. Can anyone help with what's happened or how I can resolve this? Thanks

It is also a new laptop which I have had only since Xmas, it sometimes gets hot underneath but when it crashed it hadn't been on long, it also did this once before but came back on after 5 mins but this time it isn't

Old 02-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Is this laptop still covered under warranty? If so contact the manufacturer.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

I'm
Not sure as it was a gift I'll have to ask

Also the beeps u posted it just flashes twice waits a few seconds flashes twice again and keeps goin like that without stopping, it did it Once before but came bak on

Anyone else have any ideas why this happened? Thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Hello Sconnie100,

I am sorry, but there are many things that can cause a situation like this and it will require troubleshooting and disassembly of the laptop to pinpoint it.

You will have to inquire about the Warranty, and if it is covered, that is the route to go.
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
GZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
Registered Member

Try removing the ram sticks and reseat them. Let us know
Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
Registered Member

I'll look online to see how I do that
Old 02-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Is your computer under warranty?
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
GZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #8
Registered Member

Not sure I'll check today after work
Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #9
Registered Member

Thumbs Down

Hii, Just wondering did you ever find a fix for this? I have EXACTLY the same laptop with exactly the same problem!xx