Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Laptop Blue Screen of Death Automatic Shutdown: Dell INSPIRON 6000

This is a discussion on Laptop Blue Screen of Death Automatic Shutdown: Dell INSPIRON 6000 within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've had this laptop since 2005. Got it for college. Thankfully I just finished college this past May so I

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

I've had this laptop since 2005. Got it for college. Thankfully I just finished college this past May so I just beat this catastrophe, but I'm still freaking out because all of my stuff is on this Laptop.

So here is the problem. This isn't my first time experience the Blue Screen of Death. It has happened every "blue" moon throughout its lifespan. The first time it became a major problem was a few weeks ago. I would get to either the "Login to desktop" Screen or into my actual Desktop and then the Blue Screen would pop up denoting the SHut Down of my Laptop.

This happened just for one day and I tried and tried to reboot my computer and eventually I got my computer up and running with no more Blue Screen.

Well this past Friday, after having left my Laptop on for the entire night, but with the Laptop closed up, I awake the next morning to see it has shut off somehow. It was also plugged up to the wall the entire night and this is a new battery, so that wasn't the problem.

I turn my Laptop on and it takes me to the screen that says:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted enexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
SafeMode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice."

I've also pressed "F8" and went to that screen and tried every option on that screen and the end result is always the same no matter what I choose: As soon as the XP Loading screen comes up, before the first strip of the bar even gets to load across, I get taken to the Blue Screen of Death that says:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x082D80590, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)"

Please help. I seriously am freaking out.

And I've searched around online and there's always some people who give good tips but they always involve LOGGING INTO THE DESKTOP...GOING INTO PANEL.....RESTORE THIS.....SEARCH THAT......

But understand that I can't get into my Desktop. I get no further than the XP Loading screen so none of that will help me.

And unfortunately, because it has been so long, to my knowledge I probably don't still have all of my start up discs that came with my Laptop and I'm not even at home. In a whole other State, so I can't go searching for it. But odds are, I wouldn't be able to find it anyway so I'm really in a tootsie without the roll.

Thanks.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

We need to verify the integrity of your RAM and HDD.

Download Memtest 86+ from http://www.memtest.org/ and burn it to CD.

Download the Mfg hard drive diagnostic from the link in my signature. If you don't know your HDD Mfg. then d/l and run the Hitachi one. Burn the .iso to a CD.

Boot your computer from the Memtest CD first. Let it run for at least 2 hours. If it fails post back here.

If it passes, boot to the HDD diagnostic CD and run the quick (basic) test. If it passes, run the long (extended) test.

Let us know the results.
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
Closed Thread