Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Is there a way to connect external speakers to a laptop via USB?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to connect external speakers to a laptop via USB? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Basically ive broken the audio jack on my current laptop. So i now cannot my external speakers to my laptop

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Basically ive broken the audio jack on my current laptop. So i now cannot my external speakers to my laptop in that way. The speakers have an AUX jack in them, so is there any cable which can connect laptop to the speakers via USB to AUX?

So far i've found this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...sb+aux&x=0&y=0

But from what i can gather that will can only be used to connect your iPod to speakers and computer at the same time. And not to just connect laptop to speakers.

Im not sure im in the right place here, and as you can tell im not great with this stuff. So any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

You need USB speakers.

Newegg.com - Logitech S-150 1.2 Watts 2.0 Digital USB Speakers - Speakers

Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

OS: WinME, WinXP Pro SP3, Win7(x64), Linux distros incl. Ubuntu 9.10 & Netbook Remix & CD2USB, Slax6.1

My System

there are also usb to audio adapters like this ( have no idea whether they are good or not but gives you back your headphone jack via a usb output.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynamode-US...8770260&sr=8-9

I'm not old!!
I'm age impaired

D_F

I DON'T PLAY GAMES

How to mark your thread as solved

HDD DIAG UTILS

TSF's Photographer's Corner

Submit New Articles Here

How to Use Ubuntu to Recover Windows files
Closed Thread

Search this Thread: