Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Installing XP on Dell inspiron 1501

This is a discussion on Installing XP on Dell inspiron 1501 within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, guys To begin, I have the Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop that come with Vista Home Basic Operating system. I'm

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
Registered Member

Exclamation

Hi, guys

To begin, I have the Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop that come with Vista Home Basic Operating system. I'm trying to install windows XP services pack 3 but at the same time I'm having problem, because on the booting process automatically the laptop shut off. I believe is something to do with the drivers or NTFS, also when I reinstall the Vista Home Basic Operating system there are no problems and the laptop won't shut off, and it will proceed the complete booting process while is installing.

Any advice or tips to run Windows XP on Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop. I also do understand there are complication on downgrading Vista to Window XP.

Thank you

Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi before you do anything you need to check out what drivers you need that would include a sata driver for xp to run on that machine,you might try running everest ultimate to get a list of all your hardware then go to the hardware makers site and see if you can obtain the required driver

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread