Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

IBM Thinkpad T60 Touchpad

This is a discussion on IBM Thinkpad T60 Touchpad within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My touchpad isn't working, I tried enabling it in the BIOS by pressing F1 when I see the IBM Logo

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

My touchpad isn't working, I tried enabling it in the BIOS by pressing F1 when I see the IBM Logo on boot up. I don't see Touchpad as an option.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

Hi, in windows using the function key (FN) and one of the top rows of keys, you should see a mouse, press the two buttons together. Then try the touchpad again. I havent used IBM in awhile so I don't remember if it will say enable or not, but if it does try to switch it and try.

If that doesnt work then I would recomend downlaoding the touchpad driver off of the lenovo website and install that.

Also by default some laptops turn the touhpad off when you hae a mouse plugged in.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

Check first in Device Manager. Try uninstalling the drivers and the related programs in ADD/REMOVE. Reboot. Reinstall the drivers from IBM website as needed..
Old 10-28-2008, 06:28 AM   #4
Registered Member

I have tried the Fn+F8 key, when I select the touchpad it doesn't allow it. I will try to remove and re-install