Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibm Think Pad 600x

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TriggerFinger 
#1 ·
Is there a built in system recovery or system restore on this laptop. Laptop turns on shows the light on the bottom then the windows 2000 logo and then goes back to Think Pad on a Black screen please help

#2 ·
Using system recovery or system restore doesn't mean it will solve the problem. Do you have a windows 2000 CD? If you do, I recommend performing a checkdisk repair and fixing the master boot record. Also the problem could be hardware related. I recommend going to the manufacturer's website of the hard-drive and downloading the diagnostics utility.

Then put the program onto a CD and boot the laptop to it. Follow the on-screen instructions and test the HD for any errors.

#3 ·
i doubt if there is a restore partition on this model. the restore/recovery partition did not come until much later (W2K and XP) but then again, i may be wrong.

your best option is order a restore/recovery CD from IBM.

now for your problem... do you get to the point where Windows 2000 logo appears? what happens after that (blank screen)?

given your symptoms i think you may have a corrupt W2K installation. best if you have W2K install CD or the recovery CD for your Thinkpad so you can perform a reinstall of your operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.