The "repair" folks were quacks and there are many other problems that I gained from their repair
=That says a lot; you may have something important DISCONNECTED or BROKEN by them inside...
imagine the power flow...
1: Ac adaptor
2: DC power jack
3: power jack connection to the motherboard
4: numerous capacitors, resistors and other odd things that take the power to your battery connection.
5: from the battery connection there would be more various parts taking the electricity to the laptop to make everything work.
If you have verified that the ac adapter and battery are good - then consider that your DC power jack has a broken connector inside (laptop will still power up - but battery will not charge)
I can't suggest anything else without more info.