Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP Pavilion DV7-1243cl problem

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion DV7-1243cl problem within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I have a hp pavilion dv7-1243cl for about 1.4 years. It has been working fine, but there's a

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,

I have a hp pavilion dv7-1243cl for about 1.4 years. It has been working fine, but there's a problem now.

Whenever I try to power on the laptop, I get nothing but a black screen. The power lights are on and the harddrive seems like its working.

I've tried taking the battery out and plugging the ac adapter, but nothing changes.

Is there any other steps I should try before I give up on my laptop?

Thanks in advance for the help

Old 09-13-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
Certifiable Lazy Bum

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

try an external monitor and see if it works.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Registered Member

thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately I don't have one, so I can't try your advice.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to danraj0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-saber View Post
Hi all,

I have a hp pavilion dv7-1243cl for about 1.4 years. It has been working fine, but there's a problem now.

Whenever I try to power on the laptop, I get nothing but a black screen. The power lights are on and the harddrive seems like its working.

I've tried taking the battery out and plugging the ac adapter, but nothing changes.

Is there any other steps I should try before I give up on my laptop?

Thanks in advance for the help

In this issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps to isolate this issue.

1. Remove the battery and unplug the adapter from wall socket
2. Hold the power button for 30 seconds and release it, which makes the static charges from notebook to be removed.
3. Once after it is done, place the battery back and connect adapter to wall socket and turn on notebook.

Try this and check, it should work out.

If it does not work out turn on notebook and keep on tapping F10 which makes system to boot to bios.

Please revert to me with the results.

All the best.

Raja
Network engineer.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:04 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danraj0007 View Post
In this issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps to isolate this issue.

1. Remove the battery and unplug the adapter from wall socket
2. Hold the power button for 30 seconds and release it, which makes the static charges from notebook to be removed.
3. Once after it is done, place the battery back and connect adapter to wall socket and turn on notebook.

Try this and check, it should work out.

If it does not work out turn on notebook and keep on tapping F10 which makes system to boot to bios.

Please revert to me with the results.

All the best.

Raja
Network engineer.
Thank you for the advice.

I tried the steps, but it did not work for me. I've been tapping F10 but the screen remains black so nothing really changed.

I've also noticed that the "battery charging" icon or light isn't on when its plugged into the wall. I believe that that can help me answer what's wrong.

Thanks again.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 AM   #6
Registered Member

Saber, as said that the battery charging light is not turning on when plugged in I suggest you to remove battery and then just connect adapter to notebook and check if you can find the light glowing at connection point where adapter moves to notebook jack port or not?

Please try it and check, incase if it does not make light to glow wiggle at connection point and check if it glows or not

Note: If it glows by wiggling it means that the jack port is loose and incase if it still does not glow try with any other adapter of same model if you have so.

Please try it and let me know
Old 09-13-2010, 04:28 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danraj0007 View Post
Saber, as said that the battery charging light is not turning on when plugged in I suggest you to remove battery and then just connect adapter to notebook and check if you can find the light glowing at connection point where adapter moves to notebook jack port or not?

Please try it and check, incase if it does not make light to glow wiggle at connection point and check if it glows or not

Note: If it glows by wiggling it means that the jack port is loose and incase if it still does not glow try with any other adapter of same model if you have so.

Please try it and let me know
I've just tried it again and the charging light is back.

To be honest, I feel like the screen is dead. Since everything else "seems" to be working. I'll go pick up a cable to connect it to an external device. I'll let you know once I give it a try.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-saber View Post
I've just tried it again and the charging light is back.

To be honest, I feel like the screen is dead. Since everything else "seems" to be working. I'll go pick up a cable to connect it to an external device. I'll let you know once I give it a try.
Sure, saber try to connect notebook to an external monitor (desktop system) and then check if the display is visible on external screen or not. Incase if the display is visible on external monitor I do recommend you to perform "Battery health check" to ensure the status of battery.

You could find the battery health check option for your HP notebook from start -> All programs.

Please try it and let me know the status..