Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP Pavilion dv67000 laptop in startup loop

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion dv67000 laptop in startup loop within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, I have an HP Pavilion dv67000 running Windows Vista that appears to be caught in an endless startup

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there,

I have an HP Pavilion dv67000 running Windows Vista that appears to be caught in an endless startup loop. What I mean is that it starts up, the Vista loading bar appears, then it appears to reboot from the beginning.

When it restarts it gives the options on the "Windows Error Recovery" screen, and I've tried Safe Mode. It gets as far as a mouse cursor on a black screen and then the blue screen of death appears for a second and it goes back to restarting.

The optical drive doesn't work, but the USB ports do, as far as I know.

It's an AMD Turion 64 X2 processor
3 gigs of RAM

Let me know what other information I can provide.

Thank you!

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odd laptop motherboard/RAM issue
Hello all, I'm a new member here looking for some assistance with an HP laptop that I have. I posted my issues in another forum, so please forgive me for copying and pasting my problem. ORIGINAL ISSUE: Alright, well I've got a really strange laptop problem that I'm looking for some...
bobbylx Laptop Support 1 03-06-2011 10:18 PM
Alienware laptop suddenly won't startup
First time poster...hopefully I am doing this right. I have an Alienware 15x which was working fine this morning, but when I left for a couple of hours and returned, suddenly the screen wouldn't turn on. Since then, When I powered it down and restarted it, the fans start up for a few seconds,...
Vingilot Laptop Support 5 01-22-2011 12:56 PM
HP Pavilion Laptop BSOD
I have a HP latop with specs as follows that has been acting quirky lately with occasional lockups and finally tonight, a BSOD when I logged off. There has been no hardware changes and not much in the way of software changes lately except for Windows updates and a couple games added. I...
apccpa BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 01-08-2011 11:28 PM
HP Pavilion dv6700 Laptop will not power up
My dv6700 will not power up. The blue ring around the power jack is lit and I get 18 volts at the adapter plug. The charging LED is on with the adapter connected. All the LED's light for about one second when I press the power button, but nothing else happens. I've tried with and without the...
alebron Laptop Support 3 01-02-2011 06:43 PM