Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP Pavilion dv6000 will not connect to internet

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion dv6000 will not connect to internet within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 that will not connect to the internet. The computer says that it is connected

Old 03-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 that will not connect to the internet. The computer says that it is connected but will not work. If the internet is opend it it says 'Internet explorer cannot display webpage'. I have tried resetting the internet settings, disconection the modem. Nothing works. Please someone help me!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

if your wireless it could be that someone entered the wrong wireless password, or maybe its your router - can other wireless computers connect?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yes. Two laptops. The wirepassword is enterd correctly.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolry View Post
Yes. Two laptops. The wirepassword is enterd correctly.
As long as other devices connect no problem, it means it must be a problem with the computer then, perhaps the driver is just having problems, try going to your wireless adapters website, probably like belkin, or maybe atheros, just depends which brand yours is, and look for a driver to use for it, download that, then once its installed you might need to re-enter wireless pass, try to get online -

if that wont work tho, maybe if its a wireless "card" of some kind (on a laptop you usually can remove some panel on the bottom, then unplug a couple little wires from the WLAN card and reseat them) you could reseat the card, and see if that helps at all...

another thing to check, is in your device manager (right click "my computer" then on "hardware" tab, hit device manager) check if there is a exclamation point on the icon for the wireless device....could show that there is a problem with hardware itself or the driver...

let me know what happens and if I can think of anything else I'll let ya know