Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP Pavilion dv5t-1200se Will not power on

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion dv5t-1200se Will not power on within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Pavilion dv5t-1200se that is just over 6 months old and will no longer power on. When I

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Pavilion dv5t-1200se that is just over 6 months old and will no longer power on.

When I plug in the AC Adapter, sometimes it registers that it is plugged in and sometimes it doesn't. When I go to turn it on, either the charging light (little lightning bolt symbol) will flash as if the battery is dead, or the charging light will remain solid (as if it is charging, connected to AC power source) but the actual power but that you press to turn on the laptop will light up for a second then go dim again, failing to start the computer.

Is this going to be something I will have to send into HP to have fixed, or something I can figure out on my own?

Thanks

Old 09-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

either way its going to be a hardware problem, I would suggest calling HP support and have them send you a replacement ac adapter, if that gives you the same problem then you should send it into HP as anything else will require the laptop to be taken apart which would void the warranty if you tried it.

Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Administrator
MemTest86+
PC Running Slow?
Virus/Malware Help
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread