Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP Pavilion dv2000 Blank Screen

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion dv2000 Blank Screen within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi :) Just thought I would toss my hat into the ring of HP computers with blank screens! The story...

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi :)

Just thought I would toss my hat into the ring of HP computers with blank screens!

The story...

Computer was working fine until one day I tried to turn it on and had a blank (not backlit) screen. After opening and closing the lid a few times and turning the computer on and off (it still boots up fine) I managed to get it to display on 3/4 of the screen (excluding the right 1/4). I logged in fine and everything worked well with the exception of the missing 1/4 of the screen. I thought this was a little weird and turned it off to see what would happen next time.

Now the screen is absolutely blank and I can't get it to display at all. If I hook the laptop up to a VGA output, everything is normal. I can use the laptop with an external monitor no problem. So... I'm thinking it's hardware rather than software related?

Any thoughts?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Is it affected by movement? Flex the screen back and forth and try applying pressure on the control panel.

If you shine a light on the screen can you see a faint image.

Check the graphics cable connections.

dv2000 Service/Maintenance Guide

Old 05-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Registered Member

The connections all seem to be okay, but I can't see any image on the screen, even with a light. No difference to screen position either :(

I'm going to try looking for graphics driver updates maybe?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Hardware Tech Team

My System

If the graphics is fine on the external then you most likely don't have a problem with the graphics drivers.

If the screen is not lighting up you may have a problem with the inverter,backlight,or the LCD itself