Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP Mini 110 video output

This is a discussion on HP Mini 110 video output within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an HP mini 110 and am trying to output its screen to a regular TV. It has a

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have an HP mini 110 and am trying to output its screen to a regular TV. It has a VGA ouput & I already have a VGA to RCA cable adapter to possibly use. I have hooked it up, but can't figure out how to turn it on or "activate" it so it will display the screen's image to another monitor with the use of this adapter. I'm thinking its easy and some sort of setting I simply need to do. Any suggestions?

Old 06-17-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hi Mcf57.,
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, But right click on desktop and then click Graphics properties. There you should be able to activate your TV.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
Registered Member

The so call vga to rca cable only work if your computer has tv out through the vga port. In your case i'm pretty sure it don't. So the vga to rca cable will not work. What you need to get is a vga to rca/s-video converter box. They run between $20 to $30 CAD and works perfect.
They will work on any computer with a vga out that works. and also has another vga out loop on the box to hook up another vga monitor.
Heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-VGA-TV-Video-...#ht_3399wt_796

But you still need to buy a audio cable to get the sound to the tv.