Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

hp mini 110 doesn't turn on

This is a discussion on hp mini 110 doesn't turn on within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I was working on a friend's hp mini 110 netbook. BSOD was the problem originally. The problem supposedly started

Old 03-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

So I was working on a friend's hp mini 110 netbook. BSOD was the problem originally. The problem supposedly started when the charger was replaced since the old charger was sorting out.
I booted from my flash drive with winXP recovery console, then battery died.
After connecting the charger tried turning it on
Now it doesn't turn on at all. Power and wifi leds are on and hard drive led is blinking rapidly but screen stays off. CPU fan doesn't spool up either, hard drive does though. Tried connecting it to external monitor with no results. Tried hard reset and cmos reset. Tried to turn it on with disconnected harddrive and ram. Tried different ram. Tried turning it on with only charger plugged in without the battery. I'm running out of ideas.
Is the motherboard fried?

Old 03-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Remove the memory and attempt to start the laptop. How many times does the CAPS LOCK led flash?

Was the replacement AC Adapter compatible? Correct power ratings?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyllok View Post
So I was working on a friend's hp mini 110 netbook. BSOD was the problem originally. The problem supposedly started when the charger was replaced since the old charger was sorting out.
I booted from my flash drive with winXP recovery console, then battery died.
After connecting the charger tried turning it on
Now it doesn't turn on at all. Power and wifi leds are on and hard drive led is blinking rapidly but screen stays off. CPU fan doesn't spool up either, hard drive does though. Tried connecting it to external monitor with no results. Tried hard reset and cmos reset. Tried to turn it on with disconnected harddrive and ram. Tried different ram. Tried turning it on with only charger plugged in without the battery. I'm running out of ideas.
Is the motherboard fried?
Hello, I have the same exact problem, did you solve this? how did you do it? Please- Thanks in advance. ANdres. Argentina.