Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP Mini 110-1000 Netbook will not boot

This is a discussion on HP Mini 110-1000 Netbook will not boot within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi! My little travelling companion will not boot properly. I try to start it and it goes through the process

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi! My little travelling companion will not boot properly. I try to start it and it goes through the process and shows the Desktop. It seems to be working through the start up process with a few pauses and restarts and even may get to opening a program but at some stage reverts to a blue screen indicating trouble, though the blue screen disappears before I can read the detail of the problem. It then goes to the start up screen and goes around and around, trying to start and then going through the whole process again. I have tried starting with the last successful boot facility. That makes no difference. I can not reinstall Windows as this Mini does not have a Disk drive, I can not go onto the net as the machine will not boot. Anyone, are you able to assist?

Old 01-14-2011, 02:27 AM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Hello Daryl K and welcome to TSF,

What OS is your netbook running?

Press f8 immediately after the HP splash screen.

Choose Disable restart

When you BSOD again, post the error code and description.
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
Closed Thread