Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP Latop randomly "disconnects" from wireless network

This is a discussion on HP Latop randomly "disconnects" from wireless network within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, so this is an HP dv6-1050 running Windows Vista. It's brand spankin' new and has had this problem from

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

Ok, so this is an HP dv6-1050 running Windows Vista. It's brand spankin' new and has had this problem from the get go. I'm not sure if it's something with Vista, or flakey with the hardware itself. I use the word "disconnect" in the title quite loosely as the network itself never appears to go down.

I'll be on the internet browsing along with no issues, and all of a sudden, BAM, page load errors... the kind that typically indicate you are disconnected from the network. You know like when IE says "Internet Explorer can't display the current page". The odd thing, is that I can pop open the command line and ping sites like google, etc and by "hostname", so name resolution is working fine. The only fix I have found is disconnecting and reconnecting to the Wireless Network. Then it will work for a while... then yeah... ready to stab my eyes out.

Here's a few facts that will answer some initial questions:

1) I have 2 other laptops on the wireless (running XP SP3) and NO problems
2) I have 2 wireless routers I have swapped out. Exact same issues.
3) I have tested IE8, FF3, and Chrome and once again, same issue them all

This is what leads me to believe it's some issue with Vista (either Vista itself or this particular pre-installation) or perhaps the hardware. I haven't spotted an obvious rash of this anywhere else, so I'm not sure if it's a common thing or not. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Swill

Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hey...

Had this problem and couldn't really figure it out.

I tried putting windows defender off...

And now it seems to work out...

Let us know if this helps you out