Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP Laptop LCD Screen Replacement

This is a discussion on HP Laptop LCD Screen Replacement within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone, recently my girlfriend's hp Pavilion dm4-1165 dx (Purchased from best buy) got a crack in the screen. I

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello everyone, recently my girlfriend's hp Pavilion dm4-1165 dx (Purchased from best buy) got a crack in the screen. I cannot find the replacement screen anywhere online, it may just be a Best Buy only computer. The question I had is that if any of these screens that I found would work, or maybe if someone could direct me to a screen for sale or the best plan of attack.

Her computer:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pav...=dm4&cp=1&lp=2

Screens:

Search Results : ScreenAid.com, Laptop Lcd Screen Replacement on ScreenAid.com- LCD Screen Leading Supplier

Thank you very much!

Old 01-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

How new is the laptop? Any warranty left? If so utilize the warranty

If not. Remove the current screen and get the exact model number off the back of it.

Look on ebay (that is where I usually find the best deals on laptop screens)

Old 01-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

Is there anyway I can tell the part number without taking it off? I have looked everywhere. Will a screen work as long as it is the same brand, resolution, and size?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

You are going to have to remove it anyway...Might as well get the exact number.

You can try to look for your model, but i find it easier(and cheaper) to get the part number
Old 01-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

There is no guarantee a similar display will work with your computer. It is always best to purchase the exact screen your laptop was shipped with.

Monitor replacement installation issues
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:28 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team

OS: Windows 7 Pro, Fedora-20. Work systems - W2K, XP, Win7, RHEL, Solaris.

My System

check out LAPTOP LCD SCREEN FROM $44. HP ACER TOSHIBA DELL APPLE COMPAQ. Notebook screen, laptop display, notebook lcd, laptop tft, screen DELL, ACER lcd, screens SONY, lcd DELL, ACER lcd.they have a huge selection of displays.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
Registered Member

I got the part number and have found a fairly affordable screen online, thanks for everyones help!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Anytime. Hope it turns out well for you :)

Closed Thread