Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Hp laptop, fan not working??

This is a discussion on Hp laptop, fan not working?? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Okay so here's what's up. I bought an hp laptop off of QVC a about 3 months ago, up untill

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Okay so here's what's up. I bought an hp laptop off of QVC a about 3 months ago, up untill about 4-5 days ago everything worked fine (exept a few minor things like the mousepad tweaked out once in a while) but all in all everything was fine untill i turned it on the other day and instead of starting up it goes to a black screen right away that says:

The system detected that a cooling fan is not operatinc correctly.

Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable bhavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss, or possible system damage. The system will shut down in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation press the enter key now.

System fan (90B)

Enter= Continue Startup

For more information, please visit Help and Support Download Page

So as of right now i have to use my prepaid cell phone to access the internet and that's just not suffecient enough for the stuff i have to do, i have online school work and other stuff that i need my laptop to do, any suggestions on what i can do to hopefully get this fixed asap? Thanks for ur help.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi since it is only 3 months old contact hp and get it fixed under warranty or talk to QVC and see if they will get it sorted.Any other course would invalidate your warranty as it would involve opening the laptop to replace the fan

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seagate External HD stopped working with one laptop, still works with other.
Hi. My harddrive. I have had it for almost 2 years and it has worked fine with no previous problems. It is Seagate, 1TB, and the model number is ST310005EXD101-RK. I also have an older laptop, an Acer with windows XP, about 4 years old, and a new Acer laptop, about 3 months old on Windows 7. I...
Will86 Hard Drive Support 13 03-17-2011 06:33 AM
mouse touchpad not working on laptop
Hi The mouse touchpad on my laptop has stopped working. I have put in another mouse in the meantime into the usb port. Any suggestions as to how I might get the mouse working again on my laptop. Its a toshiba model.
louiselynch Other Hardware Support 2 02-23-2011 07:09 PM
Laptop fan making noise
I have a Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q865. One of the fans on the laptop started making excessive noise about two weeks ago. When the laptop is starting up it makes a loud reving sound, and even when the laptop is setting idle it makes more noise than it should. Before the problem started the laptop was...
prodigy40 Laptop Support 0 01-14-2011 05:36 AM
At my wits end with fan noise - BIOS question
My old (5 years) HP is excessively noisy (I clean it out regularly - it's not that). It was getting on my nerves today and I tried once again to figure out what, precisely, is going on. Got some weird results. I installed speedfan, which showed me that 1 fan was running at 4400 RPM, and...
clashradio Motherboards, Bios & CPU 1 01-12-2011 05:13 PM
dell inspiron 9400 fan not working cause blue screen
Does anyone know the values for CPU, GPU, mem, chipset or hardrive for a laptop supposedly made by Dell model inspiron 9400. It will be 5 years old in March. When the fan does not activate, I will get various blue screens requiring shut down. Then have to wait for laptop to cool before using it...
johnnydiamond Laptop Support 5 01-07-2011 05:43 PM