Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP HDX18 Won't turn on

This is a discussion on HP HDX18 Won't turn on within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Noticed issues with it yesterday while it was still working that some of the LEDs on the top would flicker/short

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

Noticed issues with it yesterday while it was still working that some of the LEDs on the top would flicker/short out occasionally, then today went to turn it on and all of the LED's would turn on for about 2 seconds if that, then shut off.

I've tried taking out the battery, same thing, when I took out the battery and the AC adapter, no lights appear at all, the second I put in the adapter it would show lights, then die again. So power from the adapter itself is going in right away. I tried seeing if anything was loose inside, but it all seemed fine.

Any other ideas to try and solve the problem myself? I've already e-mailed HP about the problem and I'm awaiting a response, I'll call them tomorrow or take it into a shop tomorrow to see if they can't solve the problem. But I'd rather not.