hp dv6700 will not power up
hi all my laptop was working great and then i tripped on the cord and the computer would not recognize that the ac adapter was plugged in, then the battery died and now when pressing the power button the battery light blinks 3 times. if i take out the battery i get nothing, the blue ring on the plug lights up but i still get nothing. so i though it was the dc power board so i ordered a new one and installed it but it did not fix my problem.
when i removed the old board i noticed that the negative side of the power connector going to the Motherboard was burnt, both the mother board pins and the connector are black. i tired cleaning the motherboard side with rubbing alcohol but i could not get anything to come off. also i could not get anything small enough to fit in there.
so do you thing that my problem could be stemming from these blackened connectors? before the battery died the computer was running fine so i thing the motherboard is still ok.
my next plan of attack is to get some electrical contact cleaner and perhaps sand paper and see if i can get the pins clean. is it safe to use contact cleaner on a Motherboard?