Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

HP DV4 wont turn on but lights will?

This is a discussion on HP DV4 wont turn on but lights will? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I turn my laptop on it sounds like it is going to boot then everything stops and all lights

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

When I turn my laptop on it sounds like it is going to boot then everything stops and all lights stay on. Also there is two lights that flash(Caps Lock and Scroll). What could be the issue?

HP DV4 Pavilion entertainment pc

Old 03-22-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell Inspiron 1521 won't turn on
Context: My wife used the laptop yesterday morning with no issues. (Dell Inspiron 1521 w/ Vista) She stepped away and it went to sleep. When she came back to try to take it off sleep mode, the screen would not turn on. After trying for awhile, she turned the laptop off and tried to turn it on...
chaden02 Laptop Support 3 06-27-2012 03:33 PM
[SOLVED] REALLY want to turn off touchpad
I'm having a heck of a time trying to turn off my touchpad. A couple weeks ago I purchased a refurbished HP Pavilion DV8000 notebook running Window Vista Home Premium. It's a very clean machine and overall I'm happy with it. But I can't seem to turn off the touchpad, which I really want to do...
MissPierce Other Hardware Support 21 04-10-2011 06:20 AM
Computer wont start but has blinking lights
Hi everyone, Hope everyone is well, this is my first time on here so if you need any more detail i will try and get it too you :) My problem is this: My computer was built in 2008 and had no problems until now. I had a small power cut last night (whilst computer was switched off) but when i...
Zlander RAM and Power Supply Support 1 03-06-2011 05:37 PM
Lights blink, but no response!
Hi there, I have a problem w/ my Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946 laptop. Let me explain what initially happened: I was browsing and using the computer as usual when I had to get up and do something. Around 10-20 mins later, I come back and my laptop had turned off! I tried pressing the power...
lapinblanc Laptop Support 14 02-10-2011 01:13 PM
HPDv6700 Laptop Will Not Turn On.
Hey, so one day i was working on my laptop and it shut off. Im like damn.. So i turned it back on and it booted up to the windows screen, then shut off again. I thought, hey it might be overheated, so why not just turn it off, and let it sit.. I let it sit for about a day, then i came...
vansguy247 Laptop Support 4 01-24-2011 09:23 AM