Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Hp DV 2000

This is a discussion on Hp DV 2000 within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, My hp dv 2000 won't turn on. When I say won't turn on, I mean, no lights no fan

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

My hp dv 2000 won't turn on. When I say won't turn on, I mean, no lights no fan , no nothing. The fact that I'm pressing the power button doesn't matter to my laptop. I have had a few problem like this in the past, but i immediately let the battery drain, and turn it on after 2-3 days and it works well. But now, its been 2 weeks and I can't afford to lose the files on my laptop. I have tried taking the battery out and only plugging it in, but that was no luck. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me advice on what to do at this point. I can't afford to pay to get it fixed so I am looking for some help.

Thanks!
VV

Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

hi VarshaV welcome to tsf,

Can you test the power adapter with a volt meter? do you have another power adapter you could try?

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
Registered Member

Do you have a computer dismantling shop nearby? (like a car wrecking yard for computers). If you do, can I suggest having a talk to them? Have you tried another battery? I have found that some of these shops are pretty good, in the hope they can sell you something. That way, you can check the battery or another power cord first without actually spending money on things you may not need.
I was referring to your reference about draining the battery.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Do I Grant Access To A User To Login Remotely To Windows 2000 Server?
Greetings! As a member of the administrators group on a Windows 2000 server, I am attempting to grant a regular (non-administrator) user the ability to login to the Windows 2000 server from a remote desktopcomputer using the "Remote Desktop Connection" feature. Because I myself am able to...
Robs58 Windows NT/2000/2003, 2008 and 2012 Server 1 04-09-2011 06:10 PM
Windows 2000 File Sharing
I'm trying to share a folder from a Windows 2000 computer with a Windows 7, without having to create a new account on either computer to make them match. Now, I have a folder set-up on either computer, with identical settings for sharing, security, etc. The Windows 2000 computer can access the...
DDAoN File and Application Sharing 0 03-25-2011 08:26 PM
Word 2000 under Windows 7
I tried to run Word 2000 under Windows 7 though Word 2007 is also installedon my laptop. Word 2000 started only and froze halfway. I deinstalled Office Live Add-Ins and now Word 2000 runs fine -- but whenever I close it it freezes. I suspect this might be due to my obstinacy. I want to...
gr5959 Microsoft Office support 2 03-10-2011 11:07 PM
xp to 2000 networking
I have an xp working with internet fine. I have setup the network connections, done the scan & everything is honky dory on the xp. the setup wizard copied the setup to disk(floppy) and I inserted the disk in the 2000 machine, opened it & executed it but it said . how do I configure a network on...
ckdoublenecks Networking Support 1 01-15-2011 02:44 PM
Microsoft Outlook 2000 - 2 Error Messages
Hi Fellow Techies, I have two brand new computers running Windows 7 Home. I have installed Microsoft Office Small Business 2000 on both with Outlook 2000. I have brought over from the two old computers, all .pst accounts. I have two sceranios going on... 1st computer -When Outlook is opened,...
TechConsultant Microsoft Office support 1 01-14-2011 11:46 AM