Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Help!! locked out of Bios on a Toshiba Satellite A55-S1064

This is a discussion on Help!! locked out of Bios on a Toshiba Satellite A55-S1064 within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Toshiba Satellite A55-S1064, that a friend got from Ebay, and there happens to be a Bios Password,

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Toshiba Satellite A55-S1064, that a friend got from Ebay, and there happens to be a Bios Password, and I can't get past it... I've tried taking the laptop apart and looked for a CMOS battery and there is none. I have been told that I have to find the Security Chip on the motherboard and desoughter the chip, then flash it and soughter it back in. But I can't start to do that with out a Toshiba satellite A55-S1064 symatics for the laptop.... Please help

Old 11-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

I had a dell with the same issue and found info on how to short the security chip with a paper clip...ewww coz it means taking it apart to access the chip then plug it in and cross the paper clip over the chip to short it, which could if not done right, destoy your mobo!

have you tried a range of passwords? fortunately I was able to get the password by trial and error. Have you contacted the person who sold the laptop?

Old 11-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

Please contact Toshiba support for BIOS password assistance. Forum rules forbid us to give any assistance on password related inquiries. Thread will now be closed.
Closed Thread