Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Headphone jack was stuck in laptop--now I don't have any sound.

This is a discussion on Headphone jack was stuck in laptop--now I don't have any sound. within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey everyone, Somehow my headphone jack got lodged and stuck inside my laptop, but I managed to pull it out

Old 04-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey everyone,

Somehow my headphone jack got lodged and stuck inside my laptop, but I managed to pull it out with tweezers. Now I don't have any sound coming from either my speakers or my headphones. What should I do? I'm by no means a computer whiz so if the problem is physical and involves me fixing the motherboard or something, let me know.

My laptop is a Sony Vaio VPC-EE and I do have a couple months left of warranty.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Welcome to TSF.
Don't take it to warranty, probably if they will not cover jack damage. Only if you're willing to lose warranty (not sure you'll lose all warranty, but there's a chance they void all based on one faulty part damaged by client, best way is to check over the phone - try to not provide your serial), and pay the repair.

However you can go around this by selecting speakers in sound proprieties. If you have doubts post your sound card details here.

Try Harder!
Learn2day is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple Mac Flashback botnet now numbers over 600,000
Despite Apple releasing a patch for Java, the Flashback Trojan has infected 600,000 Macs, according to reports. As a result, there are 600,000 Macs being remotely controlled by the growing Mac botnet, according to Russian antivirus company Dr. Web. The majority of the botnet computers are...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 2 04-10-2012 12:39 PM
[SOLVED] HELP: Can any1 help me re make an old laptop case?
OK guys, I have the case of an old Dell XPS M1330, which, as usual for this model, overheated and I got a baked graphics card. So I only have the case... I still need to remake the cooling, buy a new M.B, processor, etc So can any1 help me?
vaishnavsm Building 13 04-07-2012 01:24 PM
HP laptop wont boot. AC power light flashing.
I have a HP dv6000, and last night it shut off by itself all of a sudden. first I thought maybe it was just overheated. so I waited for an hour or so and tried to turn it back on..however it shut off right about 2 seconds after its turned on. then I tried a few more times, the problem persists. so...
lexi20 Laptop Support 3 04-06-2012 10:50 AM
HELP: Can any1 tell me the best laptop for me?
Hi, Can any1 tell me the best laptop for me?(Yes i copy pasted :smile:) So, the stats are:- Budget: I plan on spending ~500$ Brands: No, though an Intel processor and an AMD Gfx card would be nice. Multitasking: Yes.. I will be doing some multitasking. Gaming: Mildly.. Calculations:...
vaishnavsm Laptop Support 9 04-06-2012 08:44 AM
"Tablet" word shows up in IE for Windows 7 32 bit OS
Hi, My operating system is Windows 7 32 bit. I am using Laptop not Tablet, but when i look for navigator.userAgent, it says "Tablet PC" word in it. I am thinking it is a bug. I am not looking for a solution where i need to stop the "Tablet PC Input Service" windows service to not to show...
Madhura Internet Explorer Forum 1 04-06-2012 05:19 AM