Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDMI stopped working with HP laptop???

8K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  Technoob164 
#1 ·
I've had my laptop for about a year.. it's a HP Pavilion dv7..

The HDMI has worked great and about a week ago I was using during the day, then I unplugged it and moved it to another room and it just won't work!? :upset: The TV doesn't detect that anything is plugged in and my laptop screen goes off and on (as it usually does when it's plugged into the HDMI) but nothing happens...

I've tried a bunch of things like going into the control panel and changing the external display to every possible option but nothing will work
I also just tried restoring my laptop but that hasn't worked either.. :mad:

It's not the cord because my brother plugged his laptop into every TV in the house with it and it worked just fine..

Why has it stopped working all of a sudden?? :4-dontkno
And how can I fix it??

Thanks
:sigh::heartlove:

P.S: I don't speak tech so keep it simple please!! :grin:

See less See more
#7 ·
Perhaps the connections within the laptop have been interrupted. Has the laptop been very hot? Perhaps the port isn't soldered on correctly. If that's the case, return it to the manufacturer to be fixed. The other thing to do, get a can of compressed air and give it a good shot in the port to clear out any dirt or dust.

#9 ·
If you don't want to buy compressed air you could try blowing in it but just be careful not to get saliva in the port. And blowing isn't as effective. If it's gets very hot that could be it. You could attempt repair on your own but that would void the warranty and it would be a challenge to do so. You could try a local repair shop or even someone who goes to the house to repair it on spot. If it has to stay at a shop, usually you can rent another computer for a daily or weekly fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.