Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Hangs with black screen and blinking cursor

This is a discussion on Hangs with black screen and blinking cursor within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Dell Inspiron B130 hangs after startup with a black screen and blinking cursor. F8 does not lead to system

Old 03-21-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

Pin

My Dell Inspiron B130 hangs after startup with a black screen and blinking cursor. F8 does not lead to system restore. What can I do?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings | Dell

Old 03-23-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
Registered Member

Is there a way to extract my personal data before factory reset?
Old 03-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #4
Registered Member

If you've got a hard drive caddy, £20-30 for the specific drive either SCSI or the others and extract the data onto another pc or laptop?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices!
Rejoice! After a long wait forum members can finally surf the board with our Custom App for iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices. This App is FREE and will help you stay in touch and up to date, while on the go. You can see some screen shots and instructions for download on this page: Link or...
Janet H Comments & Announcements 34 10-06-2012 07:58 AM
Nasty Browser and Search Engine Hijack.
Hey. Haven't had to post in here for years. Usually I can take care of these type things myself, although they rarely, if ever, happen. Not this time. My browser was hijacked, and although I ran my AVG scan, SuperAntiSpyware scan, MalwareBytes anti-malware scan, I still seem to have the problem....
Hypnotised Resolved HJT Threads 16 03-25-2012 10:55 AM
Turn on laptop and only receive a black screen with blinking curser.
Now, do not let the title fool you. This form is my last hope for this PC. I am trying to fix a HP G60- 445DX laptop for a friend. All that it does when I hit the power button is takes about five minutes on the HP logo screen then goes directly to a black screen with a blinking cursor and the only...
italianman Laptop Support 10 03-25-2012 03:39 AM
no sound avi's and other things?
hi people, newbie here. my problem started when my pc went wonky, i tried a few things but messed up. a friend managed to save most of my stuff and put it on another p, c., o.k. the problem i now have is, if i try to play avi files in win amp, picture no sound, if i open quick time they work,when...
kobi_dog Windows XP Support 2 03-21-2012 01:38 PM
[SOLVED] Computer shuts off and on randomly
Windows 7 Intel core i7-920 2.66ghz 3 gb ddr3 Ati radeon hd4850 512mb 1tb hd Gateway fx 6800-01e After a year of having this CPU I had to replace the harddrive. Now a year later it shuts off randomly. I took it to staples they were no help. I checked each memory stick all good. I also did a...
MarioSandoval Hard Drive Support 12 03-21-2012 02:26 AM