Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

GPU at 97C and Core at 62C

This is a discussion on GPU at 97C and Core at 62C within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an HP pavilion dv2416us and the GPU temp is at 97C and Core temp is at 62C without

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Exclamation

I have an HP pavilion dv2416us and the GPU temp is at 97C and Core temp is at 62C without playing any games. I know is too hot but I don't know why and what should I do to cool it down. I am afraid is going to crash. Help me out please.
Cristina

Old 06-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

It is likely filled with dust. What are you using to monitor temps?

If you are not comfortable opening up the laptop and using compressed air to clean the heat sinks/fans (toothbrush works good to clean caked on gunk), then take it to your local computer shop.

If you do feel comfortable, be sure to touch a metal part of the case away from components after opening and before cleaning to avoid electrostatic discharge.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

I am using SpeedFan 4.38 to monitor temp. The fan is working but is shooting really hot air. In the room where I'm using it is a constant 73-74F. I also noticed that when is plugged in the temp raises to 95-97C and after I unplug it goes down to 82-85C. Is still hot but is better. Hope that is nothing wrong with the battery. I did a battery check and it says is in a GOOD condition. Is it normal to last only one hour after is fully charged and unplugged?
I have Vista and recently I updated the Bios, temp is the same.
As you said, I will try to open it and clean with air jet. Do you have a link to an article that explains how to do this?
Thank you for the help.
Cristina
Old 06-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

This looks somewhat helpful:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...446948&lang=fr
Old 07-01-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
Registered Member

It looks ok but I will try to find something that will tell me how to open it up. Without opening the case, the dust will deposit on another piece and I'm also curious to see if it looks full of gunk like those pictures. Thanks for the time.