Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gateway NV52 Broken Power Button Temporary Solution for Turning it on?

28K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  oscer1 
#1 ·
Please read this whole post before posting, thanks. I have a Gateway NV5214u (NV52) and somehow the power button board or the power button cable is broke. I am not sure which is broke, but neither works. I know this is the case because if I take a screw driver, tweezers or something and place it over the solder joints of the power button connector port with the power plugged in the laptop turns on (see circled area of the picture). Trouble is, the laptop has to be partially dismantled to turn on. I would normally just buy a new part, but right now I am flat out broke, I need some kind of temporary solution for turning the laptop on until I can get something permanent in place. I am trying not to turn it off, but its going to be a good while until I get a part. Can anyone think of something easy I can rig up?

This is the service manual for the laptop: http://tim.id.au/laptops/gateway/gateway nv53.pdf

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
#7 ·
Ok, so I took apart an old computer laying around and found a similar cord but it was too short, so I cut it up to make it longer. Omg, I screw it up badly, I messed up the good part of the original cord. I think I'm going to just order the part. Atleast I know it was just the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.