Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Gateway keeps crashing

This is a discussion on Gateway keeps crashing within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Gateway laptop has been crashing lately. At first, I thought it was overheating, but it seems that it's not

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

My Gateway laptop has been crashing lately. At first, I thought it was overheating, but it seems that it's not all that warm sometimes when it crashes. It's getting to the point where I can't even run many programs before it crashes. Any insight?

Old 01-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

OS: Windows XP - Windows 7 - Windows Server 2003 / 2008 - Windows SBS 2003 / 2008 / 2011

Hello,

Start the laptop in Safe Mode and carry out a Virus scan to see if there are any problems. If you think it is heat related download and run a program called CoreTemp which monitors your CPU temps. I have put a link below for the download.

Core Temp

Dave

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Connecting to Comcast business gateway
Hey all, I'm having problems and I can't find a working solution on Google...good reason to sign up on a tech support forum, right? :P Anyway, I have a business account with Comcast with static IP's, the business class 4 port gateway they gave us for signing up, a D-Link DIR-615 wireless...
Icy Defiance Networking Support 15 01-18-2011 07:25 AM
Gateway to Firewall/Router problem
So I've been trying to get this to work for days now, but I must be missing something... I have a SMC Gateway from Comcast. I am installing a Netgear FVS336Gv2 Firewall/Router (Dual WAN). I have a block of Static IPs, and I have set up the Gateway as follows: Disabled NAT Disabled Firewall...
tazinlwfl Networking Support 4 01-11-2011 05:50 AM
Gateway hard drive in Compaq laptop; only works in Safe Mode
My Compaq laptop hard drive failed. The Gateway laptop motherboard failed. So, I put the Gateway hard drive (Vista) in the Compaq laptop (XP). The laptop will work in Safe Mode with Networking and has access online. It will not boot up regularly and the audio is not working. What drivers...
lobrien1216 Laptop Support 3 01-10-2011 03:23 PM
Browsers Frequently Crashing
Hello to you all. My pc was running fine until I installed a McAfee Security Center package through my isp. After a little while my browsers started crashing - firefox, IE8 and google chrome. It was on different web pages, not the same one so I couldn't find any pattern. In the event viewer it was...
philoakey Windows XP Support 4 01-02-2011 08:05 AM