Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

gateway 450rog lid switch needed

This is a discussion on gateway 450rog lid switch needed within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a gateway 450rog laptop that the lcd lid switch on the motherboard is broken. I need a replacement,

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a gateway 450rog laptop that the lcd lid switch on the motherboard is broken. I need a replacement, this is a very small,almost surface mount switch, I have looked in a couple of tech parts catalogs to no avail. i will be looking on ebay for a scrap motherboard to purchase if found, to get the switch off of. but if anyone knows where I might find such a switch, I would be indebted to them. thanx

Old 09-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

Just a suggestion... if you have the service manual or if you can contact Gateway, they may assist you in getting the part number. The ones for IBM Thinkpads are quite cheap even if ordered from IBM directly. So may be you can try that first... try Gateway.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
Registered Member

thanx I will give that a try, I am currently looking on ebay for mobos as working or for parts and am watching one at the moment, many thanx for the info, if the ebay thing don't pan out I will try your suggestion.