Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Fujitsu Amilo laptop won't boot

This is a discussion on Fujitsu Amilo laptop won't boot within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, A friend has a Fujitsu Amil Li1705 running Windows XP SP2. He has had the laptop for about six

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:53 AM   #1
BB1
Registered Member

Confused

Hello,
A friend has a Fujitsu Amil Li1705 running Windows XP SP2. He has had the laptop for about six month and has had no problems. Yesterday, while he was working, the laptop shutdown and will not boot up. The only thing he noticed before this happened was that the laptop was having trouble connecting to his wireless network.
I have tried to power it up with only the battery and while hooked to the mains with the battery removed. Neither works - no beeps, no lights, nothing. When the battery is installed and the power adapter is attached, the battery charging light is on. But nothing else happens.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Remove the battery and unplug it. Hold in the power button for around 10 seconds. Plug in and see if it will boot.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:42 AM   #3
BB1
Registered Member

Thanks Terrister,

I tried that earlier when I read it in a different posting. Unfortunately, it did not work. I do not know if there is a way to reset the PMU on this Fujitsu model. It is under warranty still, so that may be the way to go, although my friend will be without his computer (which he uses for his work as a script writer) for however long it takes to fix it.

thanks again