Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Fn function key problem?

This is a discussion on Fn function key problem? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently installed new hard drive with new windows 7 home premium on Sony vaio E-series VPCEB11FM. Unfortunately the Fn

Old 10-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

I recently installed new hard drive with new windows 7 home premium on Sony vaio E-series VPCEB11FM. Unfortunately the Fn key + f5,f6(adjust screen brightness) and so on is not working, is there any driver that i'm missing? Fn+f1,f2,f3,f4 is working ( which is mute, volume up, volume down).
Does any one know this problem, any help would be great appreciated

Old 10-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Registered Member

Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobysize View Post
I recently installed new hard drive with new windows 7 home premium on Sony vaio E-series VPCEB11FM. Unfortunately the Fn key + f5,f6(adjust screen brightness) and so on is not working, is there any driver that i'm missing? Fn+f1,f2,f3,f4 is working ( which is mute, volume up, volume down).
Does any one know this problem, any help would be great appreciated
Hm, I think I found soulation that you can try.
Go Start > Run > Services.msc
Than you will see long list of services
Sort if from A to Z and search for service that called "VAIO Event Service"
double click on it and than make sure the "startup type" is on automatic
and the status on Active (not stoped) than restart.

I hope it would help you :s GL

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
backspace key problem
Hi i have a problem with my backspace key, every time i press backspace key media player starts. no matter iam in what application, browser, my computer or any thing. please get me out its very annoying.
shilparani Windows XP Support 3 04-30-2011 05:28 AM
[SOLVED] Form Submission not Working in FF
Hello folks; I have a form on a page with several radio group elements being used as a test. Each radio button has an onclick event to collect and store the value in a variable. The test results are calculated using javascript in a js file. The form has a submit button with an onclick event to...
kallison Web Design & Development 5 04-17-2011 06:33 AM
#4 key does not function
i have an HP mini/netbook w/ windows 7. the #4 key does not function, so i have to use the on-screen keyboard to enter the #4 when req'd. ALSO, when a window opens that has a blank box/space for entering user name, password, etc info...the #4 is entered automatically and immediately on a repeated...
cochco2000 Laptop Support 4 03-11-2011 12:04 PM
Halo 2 Won't install i hate it...
Hey, I just bought halo 2 at the store and i tought hmm fun game but then when i wanted to install the game it says Microsoft directx has stopped working and then i can't install the game... because i need to close the installation. I already have DX. 11 And got HD Readen 4770, AMD...
Takehofstra Game Installation Support 1 02-26-2011 07:39 PM
REMOTE Hacker - Bank Accounts, Email, Facebook and Administration Control
Hello Tech Support Members. This is long, though it is a culmination of past (solved threads, that aren't) information all in one as well as an all around plea to the selfless experts. I am creating this final last ditch thread to help shed some light on a real enigma that has been cloaking my...
fiLmNut Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 4 01-21-2011 05:33 AM