Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Fan Problems.

This is a discussion on Fan Problems. within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all. recently, my laptop fan got stuck from build up of dust and stopped working, I had it taken

Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
WBX
Registered Member

Hello all. recently, my laptop fan got stuck from build up of dust and stopped working, I had it taken to a shop and the fan was replaced, it was a joyus day indeed. However, just like when I first got this laptop, after about a month or so the fan started to get louder and the vents started getting hotter. I figured to avoid what happened last time I should probably clean out the fan; the only problem was I didn't know how. I looked up some tutorials and it seeemed simple enough, unscrew some screws, take off a panel and spray some air in. I turned over my laptop, ready to check for the panel, I found it, but to my surprise there were no screws there. There are two other panels on the bottom but the fan seems to be located in an area where i can't remove the panel, this really hinders my plan to clean it.

I am using a Compaq Presario CQ62 Notebook if thats any help. I've heard in some situations like these you have to remove the keyboard to clean the fan, which is something I really don't want to do because honestly, I have no idea what i am doing! If i take it down to a shop however they will charge me a hefty fee just for taking a look at it. I am hoping someone here can help me out by letting me know what I should do and the best way to clean it. I would really appreciate it if someone could!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

it sounds like they did not renew the paste as required it has to be done everytim the fan/h/sink is disturbed

How to disassemble HP G62 or Compaq Presario CQ62 laptop >> Inside my laptop

Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Watch out! They might have forgotten to use heat sink compound in the new fan/heat sink. If only a couple of months have passed, I think you're in title to a free fix/review.

Try Harder!
Learn2day is offline   Reply With Quote