Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

External Wireless Button wont turn blue on Compaq laptop

This is a discussion on External Wireless Button wont turn blue on Compaq laptop within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have a Compaq laptop and i was able to use wireless on it up to about the other

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I have a Compaq laptop and i was able to use wireless on it up to about the other day. Usually, when i wanted to use wireless i just clicked the button (external) and it would turn on (a blue colour). Now, when i press the button the light will not turn on and i have tried to search for the wireless networks and an error message comes up saying "make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on", so obviously the button wont work. Can anyone help solving this problem? PLEASE help .

Thanks Heaps,
Carmela

Old 08-13-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

sounds like your switch and/or your wireless card may be defective. if out of warranty,,then a cost effective simple solution would be to add a usb wireless adapter, go to this link for a penny sized adapter

http://www.meritline.com/airlink101-...--p-39929.aspx

using one of these will give you wireless back on your laptop.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
Registered Member

Ok then, Thanks

I also have another problem, when i go to turn off my computer (start menu and shutdown) or even restart it. It wont shutdown. It just goes to the compaque (orange background) screen and stays like that but i can still move the mouse. After a while it "sounds" like it is off i.e. the fans turn off but it still stays on the orange screen. Does this sound like it could be a virus that has attacked my computer? because the wireless problem and this problem i noticed occured about the same time (like on the same day).

Thanks again,

Carmela