Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Enter Key Not Working

This is a discussion on Enter Key Not Working within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The enter key alone on my laptop does not do it's job, however I know that it's not just broken

Old 09-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
Registered Member

The enter key alone on my laptop does not do it's job, however I know that it's not just broken for it will sort of work if I press shift + enter at the same time. This is not handy for things such as microsoft word where I cannot put enters in my work, etc.

so a) is there anything i can try to fix it, and b) I've heard i may be able to make another key on the keyboard act as the enter key... is this possible and how do I do it??

thank you

Old 09-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi Lahlou, welcome to TSF

go to device manager and uninstall keyboard and restart laptop. try blowing air under the key. this is a place you could try to remap the key.
Remapping the keyboard layout in Windows XP, Vista, and 7

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
oscer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HP Wireless Assistant not working
I'm using the Compaq Presario CQ60 228US For about a week now, I've been having the issue with my wireless button staying amber and not working. When I press it, it says amber, and gives me the message "WLAN: off" and if I press it again, I get the message "WLAN: disabled". If I go to...
kingjd Laptop Support 1 07-17-2011 07:40 AM
FN key not working for vaio vgn-sz25gp
hello,im using sony vaio vgn-sz25gp.Right now my FN key doesnt working.It happen went my sister bring it back from computer store for upgrade from window xp to window 7.sorry for my bad english.im from malaysia
betlefty Laptop Support 1 06-27-2011 11:34 AM
Browsers Randomly Stop Working
This is the most bizarre thing that keeps happening, and it doesn't make much sense to me, however about once every week my browsers just stop working. It happens at random and they simply do not work for the rest of the night. My internet does not go out, no, it works fine. Other programs on my...
Dragon Wizard Networking Support 16 04-29-2011 03:09 AM
Weird Service Lag [moved from Vista/ Windows 7]
It's been awhile since I posted with a problem. The blue screen problem I had before has vanished since I reinstalled Windows 7. However a new problem has surfaced since I moved back into my dorm room. Problem: Computer's audio and graphics lags due to high CPU usage. I noticed svchost.exe is...
Limitin BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 48 04-12-2011 01:28 AM
[SOLVED] Using ps2 keyboard, will not work to enter BIOS.
Ok, I have been reading similar problems online for a few days in an attempt to fix whats going on. I have an Acer aspire t180 desktop running xp and when I power it up, I get NO beep, the splash screen appears and have the options Del: Enter Set up or F12 Boot Menu. Apart from the keyboard...
keeptrying Motherboards, Bios & CPU 21 02-25-2011 04:58 PM