Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Emachines D640 blank screen

This is a discussion on Emachines D640 blank screen within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have Emachines D640 for more than 2 years. One day when I want to use it I can't power

Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cool

I have Emachines D640 for more than 2 years. One day when I want to use it I can't power it on, i removed the battery then using ac charger directly then it's came back to normal. After using it I shut it down and put the battery back then the other day it happens again and do the same thing. And it last for 2 months until and problem happen. Now my laptop wont turn on the screen. After powering on it's stay black.
I heard that the HP/COMPAQ laptops can reflow the video chip but I'm not sure for the emachines. Can anyone experience this problem? Thanks in advance for your advice and help. God bless.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried hooking it up to a external monitor to see if you can get to your desktop you may need to use the F keys ie F5 to switch the output as to your question there are a few differing methods and are usually a one time deal see here
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ho...ient=firefox-a

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

thanks you sir,

i tried it already but have no display too.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blank screen on toshiba nb200
Hi I have a toshiba NB200 running xp. Problem: screen is blank. When i push the power on the power light comes on as does the fan but nothing is displayed on screen. So please note there is nothing on the screen from boot up...therefore no fn key will work, no disks will work, nothing will work if...
asmurray13 Laptop Support 3 03-18-2012 03:46 PM
Acer 7720g Blank Screen / Video card or Motherboard?
I have big problem with my Acer Notebook. So the problem is : Power button, screen turns on, but its just gray blank, windows start up fine, have sound bla bla. Imposible to enter any configuration bios-windows because all time is blank screen, so It's hardware problem, but which one video card or...
deon89 Laptop Support 1 02-14-2012 05:53 AM
playing around nvidia screen resolution until screen went completely blank
my pc is plugged into my tv using a usb to hdmi converter. when i startup my pc it directly puts me to my desktop so theres none of that welcome to windows 7 setting whatsoever. since the screen was kinda blurry i decided to change the resolution settings on the nvidia using the recommended...
meyeyo Video Card Support 4 02-06-2012 08:52 PM
[SOLVED] Emachines E520 screen blank but 2 short beeps
I have a Emachines E520, the laptop powers on, fans work and everything but the screen is like its not working stays black with no flicker nothing, when i switch the machine on i hear 2 short beeps, i changed ram and hard drive to see if this was the problem but no still not working Any help...
Kamekaze2011 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 5 08-21-2011 09:07 AM
[SOLVED] Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD results in a Blank Screen on iMac G3 400 MHz
Hi, I have been trying to install Ubuntu 10.10 or 11.04 on my old iMac G3 400 MHz system running Mac OS 9. However, after booting from the Live CD it shows the ubuntu screen for sometime while loading and then the screen goes blank. On pressing Ctrl. Alt F1 I get a ubuntu@ubuntu $ prompt. I...
UbuntuNoob Linux Support 5 05-30-2011 01:48 PM