Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Dell Laptop not charging

This is a discussion on Dell Laptop not charging within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, My Dell Studio 15 about 3 yr old laptop doesn't charge the battery. I replaced with new battery and

Old 05-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
My Dell Studio 15 about 3 yr old laptop doesn't charge the battery. I replaced with new battery and still doesn't work. As the battery is out of charge now, it doesn't work any more with battery attached to the laptop. I removed the battery from laptop and laptop works fine with the power cable alone.

1. Laptop works fine with power cable with battery removed.
2. Laptop works fine with battery as long as its charge is available.
3. Laptop doesn't bootup with with battery in place and no charge even when though the power cable is connected.
4. Laptop doesn't charge battery.

Any suggestions to fix this issue would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Hello,

I would first suggest that you try a different, compatible AC Adapter.

If the adapter checks out okay then you may have a problem with the charging circuitry.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Dell laptop won't boot
I have a 10 month old Dell XPS 15 laptop which won't boot. On power up it shows the Dell flash screen and then goes to a flashing white dash but no further. Doesn't seem to get through the POST. I can get into the Setup and Boot option screens and ran the Diagnostics which reported that all...
Jimmy1210 Laptop Support 9 08-01-2012 02:46 PM
[SOLVED] Dell Laptop E5410 Wifi drivers
Nov 2010 - Original Purchase Dell E5410 Laptop on Windows XP Professional Dec 2010 - Uninstalled Wireless Driver (I think) as it was leaking memory. After that, laptop works fine. And use ethernet cable for internet connection. June 2011 - Upgrade Laptop to Windows 7 32 bit. My Dell...
sop23456 Driver Support 3 10-24-2011 03:59 AM
Laptop charging issue
Hi. i have Acer TravelMate 2700. its old one but was working fine until recently. I keep power cable of my laptop plugged in as battery backup is not great. Few days earlier while I was working on my laptop, it stopped getting power from the supply. I tried to remove and re-attach the power cable...
mohsinwaseem Laptop Support 5 09-29-2011 10:00 AM
Help Dell Laptop turned into a Server
I need help with a serious hacker issue. Someone, somehow has complete control over my system. I have a Dell Vostro V13 laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Memory is 4 GB DDR301333MHz SDRAM, 1DIMM with Intel Core Processor ULV i30380UM (3M Cache, 1.33GHz, 800MHz FSB). It has a 500GB...
mikemusick Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 1 08-05-2011 07:49 PM
HELP with diagnostic: 9/10th grey screen on laptop Dell D610
Hello, I recently have my Dell S610 that has a grey screen. I did some tests: 1- booting with a boot disk or accessing the BIOS still shows a grey screen 2- plugging the laptop to a CRT shows a normal display --> laptop is working fully, incl. the video card that is not faulty 3- switching...
hydrocynus Laptop Support 1 06-03-2011 04:38 PM