Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Dell Inspiron N5010 shuts down while booting

This is a discussion on Dell Inspiron N5010 shuts down while booting within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 and it gets switched off while booting and if and only if the

Old 10-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hello
I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 and it gets switched off while booting and if and only if the booting takes longer than usual. It also switches off when it gets overheated. Due to this there will always be a disk check at the booting time and if I carry on the disk check it shuts down after some time. This repeats everytime I boot . So there is always a disk check which I will choose to cancel to continue booting. Can anyone help me? I am getting sick of this.
Thanks in advance.
My OS is Windows 7

Old 10-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi try cleaning the air vent and fan with a can of compressed air it may also need a fresh coat of thermal paste,you should run chkdsk and also use seatools for dos to test the hard drive as it may have some issue SeaTools for DOS tutorial
As a further precaution remove and reseat your ram,there are further troubleshooting steps here Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DAILY BSOD's FOR MONTHS-PLS. HELP!!
Hi Moderators: I've been having a BSOD problem with my Dell Studio540 desktop for months now and finally have some time to try and fix the problem. :banghead: It's my main computer and I use for business as well as personal. Per "JCGRIFF2"'s instructions on BSOD posting, here are the...
BIGBEARJEDI BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 03-03-2013 12:20 PM
Laptop Motherboard Partially Fried? Dell Inspiron N5010
Hello. Please bare with me and read this all here if you are experienced. I have a DELL Inspiron N5010 but I physically broke the WXGA LCD panel. I bought another but while installing it I left the battery in (not too bright I know). It sparked a little when connecting it to the main board and I...
xaitell Motherboards, Bios & CPU 4 02-24-2013 10:15 AM
Dell Inspiron 530 not booting
Hello Friends, I have a Dell Inspiron 530, just crashed on me today. It was running on Windows 7. It is running successfully from past one month on Windows 7. No issues, no new recent addition both s/w and hardware. It crashed all of sudden today when I am working on it, while preparing some...
korrapati RAM and Power Supply Support 3 09-26-2011 01:25 PM
Dell Inspiron Mini 1090
Laptop is Dell Inspiron Mini 1090 with Windows 7 Operating system on it. The problem is that whenever I start my laptop The problem which I am currently having is that My laptop is not starting properly and giving me “BOOTMGR” missing message when ever I start my system. It starts with Dell...
tatom2k BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 04-11-2011 06:34 PM