Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Dell Inspiron M5010 problems

This is a discussion on Dell Inspiron M5010 problems within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Help everyone. My dad's old Dell Inspiron M5010 went out about 4 months ago. What happened was I went to

Old 09-04-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Ubuntu 12.04, Windows Vista SP2/ 7 Home Premium SP1 (Dual Boot) x64

My System

Help everyone. My dad's old Dell Inspiron M5010 went out about 4 months ago. What happened was I went to turn it on one day, and I was greeted with a black screen, a little underscore/ cursor at the top, and 7 beeps after a few seconds. Now when it is powered on, the power lights both on the button and status light by the trackpad glow, it sounds like its trying to read the HDD, but there is nothing on the screen at all. It looks as if it were powered off. This also seems to be a familiar problem. Can anyone please help? By the way this thing is out of warranty.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:08 AM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Hello,

I would suggest you at the following troubleshooting steps and try as many as possible.

Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting

Dell Inspiron M5010 Service Guide

Old 09-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Registered Member

OS: Ubuntu 12.04, Windows Vista SP2/ 7 Home Premium SP1 (Dual Boot) x64

My System

I've tries each one of these that are possible, but nothing. I did read online it could be a faulty processor but my dad took it in and they said a faulty motherboard.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell Inspiron 1520: Very Dark Screen Problems
A few weeks ago I started my laptop and stumbled upon a really dark screen although when I flashed a really bright light I was able to see what was going on but barely. When I would hook it up an external monitor, everything would function just as normal as if there was nothing wrong with the...
Ryuzaki786 Laptop Support 4 12-24-2011 06:34 PM
Dell Inspiron cant get past the dell passwd screen -no cursor. Help!!
:mad::normal: I just purchased a used Dell Inspiron When I turn it on while its loading the screen say F2 setup F12 bootoptions Ive pressd both of these and nothing happens. Then a screen comes up thats white with blk letters and says dell inc. and that the computer system is protected by a...
thepinkgypsy Laptop Support 1 06-25-2011 05:59 PM
Dell Inspiron 1520 display color problems
I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 notebook that I purchased new from Dell between three and four years ago. Some time ago, the LCD screen began to occasionally display washed out colors, with the issue becoming more and more frequent. The brightness of the screen did not seem to change. After a...
thornghost Laptop Support 1 02-03-2011 08:24 AM
Dell Inspiron 1501 Wireless driver installation help!
Hi, I have a dell inspiron 1501 laptop which I bought 3 years ago and it recently crashed so I had to reinstall the windows operating system and so i did. (Windows XP Service Pack 2) Now, after I was finished doing this a some of the drivers that I needed were already there but I had to install...
purple789 Networking Support 5 02-02-2011 02:08 PM
Dell XPS 15 vs. Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop
Inspiron 15R Laptop for 529: Intel® CoreTM i3-370M Processor (3M Cache, 2.4 GHz) 15.6" High Definition (1366x768) 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 550v 4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 500GB (5400RPM) Serial ATA Hard Drive Dell XPS 15 Laptop for 579: Intel® Core™ i3-370M (2.4Ghz, 4Threads, 3M...
cccap PC Gaming Support 3 01-13-2011 06:00 PM