Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Dell Inspiron 1525 Won't Turn On

This is a discussion on Dell Inspiron 1525 Won't Turn On within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The laptop will not turn on at all. The LED light showing that the charger is plugged in won't even

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

The laptop will not turn on at all. The LED light showing that the charger is plugged in won't even come on. I already knew the battery was dead and won't hold a charge but it should be coming on with the AC adapter.

I've popped open the panel above the keyboard in order to look at the AC power receptacle. It seems to be firmly attached to the mother board.

There was a wire that was not attached to anything on one end, but underneath the keyboard the other end was plugged in. I cannot find a place to plug in the end near the monitor but I think I read online that it was something to do with adding a wireless bluetooth something or other so I'm not sure if that is the problem or not.

I've tried removing the battery and only using the charger. Nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

Is your adapter still good? Have you tried other adapters? How about try with a good/working battery?

Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

I tried with a different charger and it did not work. I don't have access to a battery that will fit right now but I'll ask some of my co-workers.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

Well I hope you find one just for testing. What I am asking you will help you isolate if it is just the DC-IN jack connection or something on the motherboard.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:07 AM   #5
Registered Member

The field tech at my job said all it needed was a $30 part and he'd install it for me so the laptop should be fixed soon. Thanks for your help.