Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Dell 1555 Bluetooth problems

This is a discussion on Dell 1555 Bluetooth problems within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, I have been using bluetooth since I got my computer in 2009. Mice, keyboards, and even a headset for

Old 12-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey,
I have been using bluetooth since I got my computer in 2009. Mice, keyboards, and even a headset for a short period of time. Since early this year my bluetooth has been going a bit wonky, but I could still use my keyboard and mouse... until I came home a month ago from traveling.
I purchased a Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000 and a MS Mobile Keyboard 6000 today, and neither of them are being recognized by my bluetooth.

Updated drivers - no change. Uninstalled bluetooth drivers and reinstalled - no change, but now at least bluetooth system tray icon is visible...

What is going on? I KNOW I have bluetooth, I checked BIOS and it says it is enabled... so lost right now, and a touch frustrated.

Using win7 64bit...
Anyone have any ideas?

Old 12-31-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Registered Member

new years eve bump

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Dell has RAM problems
What might be the problem if windows(Windows 7) is slow as hell and shows 256MB RAM is usable, but 4GB RAM is installed? I have tested RAM with Memtest (14 times) and no errors detected, also with Dell diagnostic utility (by the way it's Dell Vostro) and again no errors. And when i tried to make...
Tannu RAM and Power Supply Support 14 11-17-2011 01:13 AM
Blue screen crash
I get a BSOD after my system has sat idle for a while. Bit of history: I had a trojan a few months ago due to my own sheer stupidity of not renewing my virusware cos I was skint. I installed ESET NOD32 which seemed to sort it out for a while. Then I started getting some problems, crashing and...
Elrowien BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 08-06-2011 04:28 PM
[SOLVED] Dell Bluetooth keyboard and mouse issue.
Hi there, this is my first time posting, sorry if this is the wrong place for this kind of query! My main set-up is a Dell latitude e4300 on a dock, with a wireless Bluetooth mouse and keyboard combo (also both Dell branded). This was all good until one day I was advised to update some drivers,...
Jimmsss Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 5 03-20-2011 12:10 PM
Dell laptop typing problems
This was posted earlier and describes my problem. Was there a solution? Thanks."We have several brands of computer at home. All work fine except for the 2 Dell computers (one is Windows Vista, the other XP). There is a major typing problem with both laptops where the cursor will randomly jump...
mutnut Laptop Support 1 02-08-2011 06:39 PM
Dell Inspiron 1520 display color problems
I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 notebook that I purchased new from Dell between three and four years ago. Some time ago, the LCD screen began to occasionally display washed out colors, with the issue becoming more and more frequent. The brightness of the screen did not seem to change. After a...
thornghost Laptop Support 1 02-03-2011 07:24 AM