Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Dell 1545 wont power up - 4 flashing amber lights

This is a discussion on Dell 1545 wont power up - 4 flashing amber lights within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi - hope someone can help. My dell 1545 (2 years old) appears to have died on me. For last

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi - hope someone can help.
My dell 1545 (2 years old) appears to have died on me. For last few months I have had to use it through power supply as battery very bad. However, i went to use it yesterday with power supply plugged in and it starts to boot up for around 3 seconds (no display on screen) and then just powers down. Then you get a quick sequence of 4 flashing amber lights, followed by white light.. then caries on doing this sequence until pull out power supply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 03-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF that could be a failing power supply

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replaced Dell Inspiron 1545 harddrive
My hard drive on my Dell Inspiron 1545 crashed, so I purchased a new identical one (160 G 5400 RPM SATA Harddrive). I change my BIOS to boot from the dvd drive where I placed my VISTA OS drive (I was told that VISTA would load and then format the harddrive for me and then continue to install the...
klindvig Hard Drive Support 5 01-17-2012 12:55 PM
No boots, flashing green lights on PSU and mobo
I'm not smart on computers so please bear with my understandings and help me out. My computer stopped booting once i pulled out the power plug and replugged it back in. The green light at the back of the PSU starts blinking/flashing once i replug the power plug back in. No fans spin but both the...
kukupuffs RAM and Power Supply Support 5 02-20-2011 08:49 AM
Dell Inspiron 530, power issue **NEWBIE, NON-TECHIE**
Ok, I've seen a few similar problems on here and I've read the threads but none seem the same. Hubbie's computer went out during power outage (was hooked upt to power strip at the time). Power would not come back on but a green light in the back would lite up if plugged in. I ordered a new...
tjfrech77 RAM and Power Supply Support 4 02-19-2011 01:57 AM
Basic computer troubleshooting
This is intended to be a cumulative message to help people follow basic troubleshooting and as a reference for other threads. This is NOT the definitive answer, but is a good starting point. Administrators feel free to add/modify as necessary. Note: These are based on the assumption your...
c_robertson Motherboards, Bios & CPU 0 01-18-2011 10:53 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 04:41 PM