Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

computer won't turn on sometimes

This is a discussion on computer won't turn on sometimes within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Toshiba Satellite sometimes won't turn on until I unplug it and remove the battery and push the ON button

Old 12-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

My Toshiba Satellite sometimes won't turn on until I unplug it and remove the battery and push the ON button for a 20 count. My daughter read that somewhere online but it keeps happening. I just paid some well known company a lot to get rid of all my bugs, so I expected peak performance- NOT a bug.... must be hardware???? please help. RiverV

Old 12-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
- Hardware Team
- Articles Team
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional (SP1), Windows 8.1 64bit

My System

Can you ask that company for a log of what they did?

If this just started to happen I would go back to the computer company and get your money back, or see if they will fix it for free.

Intel, NVidia, Xbox One, Android, Gigabyte
Masterchiefxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
Can you ask that company for a log of what they did?

If this just started to happen I would go back to the computer company and get your money back, or see if they will fix it for free.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Registered Member

The warranty is expired on the laptop.... and the Company that got rid of my viruses dthought it was a hardware problem. They don't deal with hardware. Do I need a computer check up or do I need a new computer?
Old 12-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
- Hardware Team
- Articles Team
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional (SP1), Windows 8.1 64bit

My System

You didn't answer my 2nd question. Did this error just happen? Like the next day you got it back from that company?

If yes then I would call them and tell them that they did somthing wrong. You could try to do a system restore if you have the disk.

When you plug in the cable or if you try to turn it on do you get any lights? HDD, Power, Fan, anything?
Intel, NVidia, Xbox One, Android, Gigabyte
Masterchiefxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Registered Member

They fixed it via the net.... they got rid of malware and viruses and the computer was doing this before I hired them. I watched them do everything on my laptop. It runs faster and doesn't freeze up anymore. I just had hoped they could fix the other problem, of having to bleed off power by holding down the power button. But they said they couldn't. I get lights when it's plugged in but that's it.