Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

charging dell problems

This is a discussion on charging dell problems within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hy, I have a Dell Latitude D630 with charging problems( pluged in, not charging)still att firt it charged two times

Old 03-14-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hy, I have a Dell Latitude D630 with charging problems( pluged in, not charging)still att firt it charged two times bearly. I updated the Bios with A17 from the official site..no result, and now it won't charge the battery and i am att 3% i know it's a disccused problem but with so many solution i don't know wich one to try..( the ideea of battery changing it out because it worked att first..new cord i will try it today and other driver or update driver for battery allready tried...) please help..thank you

Old 03-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Hello LaurentiuDaniel and welcome to TSF,

Is this the original battery or a replacement?

Does the charge light come on when the power cord is plugged in and the computer is in the OFF state?

Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
GZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
Registered Member

No it doesn't comes on when it's pluged in (it's an original dell battery) the battery it's fine, it charged twice hardley. the adaptor may be the problem because in bios it says that it won't recognize the ac adapter and it tels me to replace with an 65w adapter(wich is the one i am having) i will replace it these days an come back with a reply.:)
Old 04-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Registered Member

I have a Inspiron 1545 with the same problem. HAD i mean. I just ordered a new power supply from Hong Kong, dealextreme.com. It Costs 13 usd and free shipping. It takes a while to get stuff from them , but it will show up. Plugged it in, got a message at startup that pc dont recognize the supply, pressed F1 and it started, AND its charging again, yeaaaah :) This is the link for the one i bought... : http://www.dealextreme.com/p/replacement-power-supply-adapter-for-dell-laptop-7-4-x-5-0mm-108193?item=2 You need a different supply, but i know they have that one to...
Not expensive, so worth a try....