I bought a replacement charger for my acer aspire laptop, I checked the compatability and correct voltage etc.
I plugged it in the light on the charger came on, after a minute or so my laptop cut out and so did all the laptop lights.
Stupidly I thought maybe it wasnt the charger but my battery, so I tried another battery (from my partner's acer laptop). Nothing. I then made a fatal mistake - I tried the replacement charger on my partner's laptop... It cut out and now both are completely dead, no lights, nothing.
The charger also made popping noise (after I disconnected the second laptop)
The charger was bought from a big eBay seller, though they had good feedback, I think must be dodgy.
What could it be??? If it's something that needs to be re-set I'm sure my partner could fix it, but my worry is the motherboards have been fried