Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Can I change this laptop HDD to SSD?

This is a discussion on Can I change this laptop HDD to SSD? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello guys, I've been saving some money for the past few months to buy a new laptop. I saw this

Old 08-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello guys,

I've been saving some money for the past few months to buy a new laptop. I saw this ASUS laptop in tigerdirect which I really like and am planning to buy it, however I've got a simple question about the HDD, I'm pretty sure someone over here has the answer to my question.

So, here's the link to the laptop info:
ASUS G75VW-TS72 Gaming Notebook - 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz, 16GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, Blu-ray Player/DVDRW, 3GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M, 17.3 Full HD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit at TigerDirect.com

I like all the specs, but my question is if I will be able to switch the HDD that comes with that laptop for an SSD drive or does the laptop has to be modified to be able to use ssd drive ?

That's pretty much my question. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Lautaro.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Quote:
I like all the specs, but my question is if I will be able to switch the HDD that comes with that laptop for an SSD drive or does the laptop has to be modified to be able to use ssd drive ?
You can switch the hard drive without any modifications.

What will this laptop be used for primarily?

Old 08-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinu1der2 View Post
You can switch the hard drive without any modifications.

What will this laptop be used for primarily?
Oh cool, I thought the SSD drives had different connection than regular SATA ones.

The laptop, I am planning to use for both Gaming and Working.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
- Hardware Team
- Articles Team
- Microsoft Support

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional (SP1), Windows 8.1 64bit

My System

You already have a 750HDD.

SSD's are not recommended as they are not cost effective. You won't see much improvement.
Intel, NVidia, Xbox One, Android, Gigabyte
Masterchiefxx17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread