I have a gateway NV Series MS2274 laptop.
Here's the problem: Occasionally the computer would just turn off. I could usually restart it, but it became more frequent, and now it won't restart at all. When I turn the power button on, the blue power light comes on, the fan runs for about 10 seconds (then stops), and NOTHING comes on the screen at all
Here's what I did: I went through the sticky thread on black screens and did what I was able to.
* I tried the hard boot by removing, battery, AC, pushing the power button, then trying AC, etc.
* I removed and swapped the RAM, trying each in different slots.
* I temporarily removed the 3V lithium battery inside then replaced.
* I removed the hard drive and tried to restart
* I examined the heat sink and fan, there wasn't too much dust. I didn't remove the heat sink since I don't have any paste to replace it with.
* I checked the AC supply with a meter and it was working
I don't have spare motherboards, fans, etc to swap out so I don't know what else to do (aside from shopping for a new one
So that's about it. Any other suggestions?
Any help would be appreciated
PS They sure make it hard to get these things apart!