Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Black screen after bigger consumption

This is a discussion on Black screen after bigger consumption within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So i have an laptop ASUS A540LJ-XX612D and i have a big problem. Every time when something consume a little

Old 06-19-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

So i have an laptop ASUS A540LJ-XX612D and i have a big problem.
Every time when something consume a little bit more resources it goes in a black screen and sometimes appear some strange sounds at maximum volume even if the volume is at 1% just not to be stopped.After that i have to restart it and when is restarting appear the BIOS where i have to go to save and exit it or sometime rarely it appear S.M.A.R.T. bad (some error i don't know).

I always having this problem while running one of three games where i found the problem (that games run for about 30-60 secs and the problem appear) in other programs/games is not doing that until i open multiple programs/games at a time like when CPU goes 100% or something...

Before that i had a problem with Disk Usage always 100% what i repaired with minimizing the maximum processor state to 50% in advanced power plan options and stopping superfetch,BITS and windows search.

I don't know exactly how to find what cause the problem exactly and how to fix it so now i ask here hoping to be lucky and find an solution.

What i tried:
- The solution for 100% Disk Usage written above.
- Malware scan and a full windows reinstall.
- Repairing windows corrupted files with sfc /scannow .
- Scanning for disk errors with command chkdsk .

My specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5005U CPU 2.00 GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Display adapters: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 and NVIDIA GeForce 920M

All my device manager if needed:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Th3J0k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2017, 05:15 AM   #2
Registered Member

Well i found the problem and it was the CPU max state at 50% i moved it back to 100% and now is working but with 100% CPU max state now is overheating and the screen is blocking needing a restart (now after restart isn't appearing any error or bios), but is completely random, like now the air from fans is cold then in 5-10 sec is very hot... This happens when laptop is used like staying on facebook or while playing any game, if is idle is not overheating...
Old 06-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #3
Hardware Tech Team
Networking Team |Tech

OS: W10P32, W8P32; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 4.4.2

A S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) error usually indicates a problem with the disk drive.

Laptops are designed to shut down when they get to hot so that they don't start a fire. Often, overheating is caused by a dust/dirt inside the laptop. The solution is to thoroughly clean the dust/dirt out.

SpywareDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thx for reply. Well the dust is sure not a problem i just cleaned the dust a week ago when i changed the hard disk. And i tried a clean boot but after restarting i had same problem again after a few seconds after i entered in a game.
And i started to think is a problem with Nvidia Graphic Card because when i have encountered this problem first time (few days after buying the laptop) i was seen a notification from windows before all the laptop freeze with Nvidia Graphic Card (with version detail) has stopped and restarted (or something like that). It's possible this problem to start appearing again.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #5
Hardware Tech Team
Networking Team |Tech

OS: W10P32, W8P32; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 4.4.2

If it's still overheating and shutting down, even after a thorough cleaning, you might try replacing the thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink as well as double-checking to make sure the fan(s) are working properly.

The hardware must be working perfectly before the software will.

SpywareDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #6
Registered Member

Ok thanks i will try replacing the thermal paste, and fan is working properly.