Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asus x553ma slow touchpad response

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  joeten 
#1 ·
Anyone else have any touchpad issues with their x553ma Asus laptop? And how does the overall feel of the touchpad feel?

With my laptop, the touchpad seems to have a slight delay with the cursor. The cursor will be a bit late when I control it from the touchpad. This makes things like scrolling with the two-finger smart gesture a bit difficult. Clicking things seem to be ok but I just might not be able to notice a delay.

When I first purchased the laptop it was running windows 8.1, and I was having this issue since the day I purchased it. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and still face the same issues. I've tried "repairing" Asus Smart Gesture through the control panel but nothing changed. I've tried downloading an updated Smart Gesture for Windows 10 through Asus's website but it didn't seem to install when I clicked installed as no installation progress window or anything of the sorts popped up to indicate that it was installing.

I don't know if this is a normal thing for all x553ma's or if this laptop I have has a defective touchpad. I've compared this touchpad to my old Asus laptop touchpad and there is definitely a touchpad to cursor delay in movement. How do I fix this?

#3 ·
Yes I have, doesn't seem to make a difference. I have also tried un-installing my current Asus Smart Gesture driver and updated it with the new Windows 10 version. Do you think I may have a defective touch pad? If so should I return my laptop as a defective product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.